Thursday, May 29, 2008

I do.






I do.


Hi, my name is Ken and I am about to tell you a story that you may not believe. A story about how you never know when life happens and you find yourself with your soul mate. Her name is Nicole, a girl that without notice came into my life and single handedly changed my life forever. Now prepare to be sucked in like a Lifetime movie, tissues are optional.

Our story starts with two people, two computers and Halloween night. Yeah you guessed it; we met in a chat room on Halloween night 2003. My handle was Nkyken and Nicole’s was Sunshine. Our conversation was pretty short and odd, with me asking her to a Halloween party and Nicole immediately saying no and thinking I was a total freak. Most people would’ve taken the rejection and moved on. Not me, there was something that drove me to not give up. The next day I logged onto Yahoo and waited for the sound of the door opening. A sound, if you are familiar with Yahoo, means someone logged on. It was her and I immediately said hi and she said hi back, so much for thinking I was freaky. The next thing you know we where chatting for hours. Eventually I gave her my phone number so we could give our fingers a much needed rest.

After weeks of chatting I finally suggested the first date. This was a big step for us because I think we both wanted to meet but where terribly nervous. We decided to meet at Rock Bottom Brewery for lunch. I will never forget meeting at Fountain Square and the look she gave me. A look that sparked a fire within me that has never went out. We proceeded to the restaurant and I couldn’t be more nervous. I was being very talkative, which normally signifies that I am very nervous, a kiss of death, and no second date. Nicole was different; she was laughing at my jokes and hanging on my every word. Although the most memorable moment was when my left foot fell asleep. I told her my foot had fallen asleep and without hesitation she replied, “Do you want me to kick it?” We still laugh about that to this day.

I could go on and on but most people don’t want a lot of details; they want to know about the moments. If I had to break it down I would say that every moment I have spent with Nicole I wouldn’t trade for any amount of money. Even though some moments stand out more than others, like the time she put that ring on her finger for the first time as tears ran down her cheek. We have had a lot of great moments together and I would say I can’t wait for many more to come. Although the moment I can’t wait for is when I can look Nicole in the eyes and say I do.

No comments: