Monday, August 16, 2010

Refueled

Yesterday I was able to head back out on my bike for a real ride (56 miles)  since my accident on June 19th.  I decided I wanted to go back to where I had my accident and thank the guy who helped Nicole and I that day.  As I began to ride I was very nervous and honestly a little scared.  If you have taken a nasty spill on a bike you know that it can be daunting to get back in the saddle.  As my nerves let up and I was noticing that my wrist wasn't hurting too bad I started to think about all the people I needed to thank for helping me out while I was laid up on the couch.

First of all I want to thank my wife who cared for me hand and foot for two months.  Without her I would've been helpless.  I am sorry for all the complaining and crankiness.  Also I want to thank Casey and Jason for coming over and cutting my grass this summer.  Not a fun job when its 90 plus outside with ridiculous humidity.  Also would like to thank all the friends and family that have sent me get well wishes.  Every little bit helped and without you I would not be where I am today.  

So as I rode today I could hear everyone whispering in my ears.  Telling me to move forward and to not give up.  So when I head out on my ride for the Livestrong Challenge on the 22nd I want to let everyone know you will be with me.

Each of you fuel my engine

No comments: