Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rite Of Passage


Well it was bound to happen; yes, I cut myself in my practical final exam for cooking one. Don't worry I did fine on it, but I could've done without all the blood. Although, a friend of mine told me to look at it as a rite of passage as a chef, and I would have to agree with that insight. It seems a little cliché but somewhat cool in way if you think about it those terms. Trust me I could've done without the cut and pain but the blood was a type of baptism into this world of dangerous elements. Fire and sharp knives are what attracted me to this career change, I love to play with them and make fun and exciting food.


So Cooking 1 is done, onto Cooking 2 and so the journey continues. What will be next? I hope that no more cuts for a while at least.

Take care and get out and eat the world

No comments: