Friday, March 11, 2011

Off Night




Tonight was just an off night for me at work.  Not sure what it was, but I just seemed off and not on my game.  I liked the food that went out but it wasn't my favorite and I wasn't very proud of it to be honest.  I am not sure if I am always totally happy with all the food I send out, I am always thinking it could be better.

Its nights like this when I have to calm myself down and just sit quietly and be thankful for the life I have and the great folks I get to work with daily.  First of all I have a job, sure it doesn't pay much but its a job with food and I can curse some... ok a lot.  Most of folks I work with are very helpful and have a good attitude which I am very thankful for .  I have worked some jobs were the people can make you hate to sit down at your desk or even wake up in the morning.  I never want to feel that way again, its horrible.

So I think tonight's reflections is less about the food and more about the team.  Tomorrow we will all unpack our knives and go at it again.   Because making wonderful food is what we want to do and if we work together we will. 

Good food only happens when good honest folks make it.

No comments: