Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dream Weaver

As I sit at work I day dream a lot. Needless to say my job is mindless. Sometimes I dream of days to come and wondering what I would do if I actually won the lottery I never play. Although I must say, especially during this time of year, my mind wonders to the holidays and my Dad. Sometimes I try to make sure I haven't lost precious moments I once spent with him. This is what I did today, and it was kind of weird. I couldn't remember one particular memory of a trip we took together as a family to Pennsylvania. Sad really but I sat here almost all day trying to remember the place we went but still no luck. The weird part is that through all of that I was able recall a memory of my Dad thought to be long forgotten. It had to do with Thanksgiving

When I was younger we would make the the six hour drive up to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. The best part of this drive would be the call my Dad made to my Grandmother about an hour to her house. He would ask what she made, and how the dinner was progressing. During this call I always made sure I was about three inches from the receiver. Once the call was done my Dad would be telling us for an hour what kind of feast we were about to devour. Now that is a memory I thought I had forgotten. I guess they are all up there in my head somewhere. I think I will add that to my list of things to be thankful for this year.

No comments: