Friday, November 28, 2008

Stand By Your Man

I am not much of a movie buff, frankly with my short attention span its hard for me to make it through most movies. Although the other day I found myself glued to the TV watching one of my all time favorites, Rocky. I know, I know, Stallone, but this was before he had jumped the shark with the whole Rocky Brand. This was the original, the one that won three academy awards including best picture in 1976.

As I watched it this time I left with a whole different takeaway, a feeling that kind of made me understand why Rocky was so great. Its a story about two people who compliment each other and depend on each other so deeply. I am sure most of you have seen the movie so I won't bore you with the details but it kind of reminded me of Nicole and I. In some ways I see myself like Rocky, a guy who is simple, funny, but not really gifted with the best brain. Nicole, like Adrian, is so very supportive and knows that Rocky means well and is always at his side. She knew in order for him to be successful she had to support him and encourage him to be a boxer. Even though she didn't want him to be a boxer, and get beat up she would be the first one telling him to get back in the ring. Nicole does that same for me and I don't really take the opportunity to tell her that enough. She stands by me through it all and always tries her best to encourage me.


By the way my favorite quote from the movie is:

"Rocky, I am going to have you eat lighting and crap thunder."

No comments: