Friday, February 6, 2009

Struggle

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the
people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe
that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If
it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just
promised it would be worth it.



I was sent that in a email last week from Nicole. Your standard issue mass email that most people delete or worse, they hit the reply all button, those people bother me. Okay so this is one of those "make you feel good" emails normally sent with a picture of sleeping cats that make you say ahhhh. I think it might be worth looking at it a little more carefully.

It starts off with the idea of not having regrets. It sounds quit simple, but I have several regrets that haunt me everyday. I shoulda coulda woulda is something that will leave you in knots. Sometimes I blame my current place in life on my regrets. Its pretty easy to do if you think about it, but currently, just to let you know, the haunting regrets are not really moving me forward. I struggle with it and I will hope I can share my regrets to insure someone else doesn't make some of the stupid mistakes i have made.

The next line is something that could be done more and should be unconscionably. "Love the people who treat you right." What a simple suggestion, but still I struggle with this too. Why? How stupid. In my normal day to day I encounter so many idiots, especially at work. And yet I get so worked up over these people who treat me bad, when I should be concentrating on those love me unconditionally. Honestly people really need to think before they speak. How nice would that be?

As we get to the next line I have to admit for the longest time I always said there was no such thing. "And believe everything happens for a reason." I never really believed that existed. Well literally I guess everything does happen for a reason. My problem I didn't always agree with that reason, so I didn't really like to hear it from anyone. Mostly because the only time I did hear it was when I was faced with tragedy or heartbreak. I didn't find it that comforting at the time. But looking back some of my greatest blessings came as a result of something happening then something else and so forth. Although its hard to see that when your heart is broken and you can't think that far ahead.

As this little email inspiration comes to a close it leaves me encouraged. "If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it." Wow, now this is Sunday TV preacher inspiring. Myself I struggle with this too because I wonder sometimes have I taken enough chances? Have I put myself out there enough to let a chance change my life. I believe this is something I need to work on. I still have a feeling deep down that my best days are ahead me.

No comments: