Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Being Mr. Melon




I know its one of my favorite movies too. Its an 80's classic as far as I am concerned. Why do I even bring up the cinematic geniuses of "Back To School"? Well I kind of felt like Thorton Melon when I got to campus. I was walking around a bunch of kids, and to say I felt a little out of place was an understatement. Although after closer examination I noticed there were a lot of non-traditional students. I assume with the growing number of people getting laid off there has been an increase of people like myself. Just looking to find a better job and do something they enjoy. Now I just need to start working on that Triple Lindy!

Favorite "Back To School" quote:

Thornton Melon: "Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Funny Ken! There are lots of non traditional students. I was seven months preggo with Sophia when I finished my degree. I couldn't fit into the desks for finals. Heh.

I love that movie as well!