Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fat Guy, Little Coat

This morning, very early, I took the first step in assuring that I will be ready for August and the Livestrong Challenge in Philly. Yes I am on a team called "Marlene's Misfits" in remembrance of my good friend Andrea's mother Marlene. I can't wait to get in shape and raise money to fight cancer. To learn more please visit her blog.

So when I got to the Ymca this morning I was very nervous and apprehensive about doing a group cycling class. But once I arrived in the cycle studio I was greeted with such warm faces. Nothing like getting support from people you don't know at 5:45am. The instructor said it would be best if I stayed in the saddle for the class since today was going to be pretty intense for a beginner. Its a good thing I heeded her advice because half way through I was feeling it pretty bad. As the pain set in I thought about all the people laying in a hospital wishing they could have the opportunity to ride a bike or exercise, but can't because they are dealing with cancer. I try to remind myself that the reason I ride is for them.

Wish me luck!

No comments: